ZACH LOVES MAIL! SEND HIM AN EMAIL! (anyone can)

zachary.trayner@myldsmail.net

Monday, April 16, 2012

A Strange Week

Dear everyone,
 
This week was very strange.  I went to the mission home and slept there Tuesday night and flew to Utah on Wednesday.  There were all kinds of funny stories.  Everyone was really excited for me thinking I was going home, then when we landed in Salt Lake there was nobody waiting for me at baggage claim hahaha, A lady even let me use her cell phone to make a couple calls.  Pretty awkward.  Also when Josh dropped me off at the MTC they didn't understand very well where my companion was hahaha.  Good times.  Well with all that and missing my flight back to McAllen, it was pretty fun.  It was great to see some family and 4 buddies that already were home from their missions (Jared, Rem, Luke, and Josh).  It was super weird and I might have gotten a little trunky (don't worry I'm already back and focused... haha)  It didn't really feel like home there as I haven't even been there in 2 years and I lived in Provo for a year.  It was really weird to be honest haha- McAllen feels much more like home these days.
 
Other than the trip, this week was pretty uneventful.  We had a bunch of good investigators at church and hopefully we'll be baptizing 3 next Sunday (The Almeida family- Barbara, Deborah, and Oscar).  We still have a lot to teach them, but they're great.
 
Oh!  Other exciting moment of the week was when we went to go talk to our investigator and she was outside watering her grass, so we went up and were talking when all of a sudden Elder Vance saw a tarantula!!!!!!!  ahhhh!! haha- it was big and ugly and weird, but we killed it and threw it in the road haha.
 
Anyways, that pretty much sums up everything.  Just trying to get back into missionary mode, it has just all been so weird with all the different circumstances I've been in, I can't imagine how it is for the people that live down here that have to serve here- it'd be hard to get in "missionary mode."  But it is good, and I have learned a lot of things.  I now see how great the MTC is at preparing you, but also the Lord has helped prepare me to come back as well.
 
We have all my paperwork all done now, so now we're just waiting on the consulate to grant me the visa!  Everyone pray that it will come quick- that is if you ever want to see me again.  Hahaha.  Anywho, great week last week and I'm excited for this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment