ZACH LOVES MAIL! SEND HIM AN EMAIL! (anyone can)

zachary.trayner@myldsmail.net

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So I'm in Argentina...Haha,,,

Hola Familia!

So I´m in an internet cafe with my companion Elder Fernandez!!! He is from Uruguay (spelling??). He is a baller. President Gulbrandsen told me he is pretty much the best I could have gotten and so far we´ve got along great (at least from what I can understand from his Spanish and a few words he knows in English... Hahaha). No but really, he is an awesome Elder. I guess he used to be A.P. and he is in one of his last transfers but he won´t tell me how many haha. He has two younger sisters and he is super diligent. I am really lucky I have him.

Argentina- So far the only 2 things I have eaten are empanadas, spaghetti, and a bowl of strawberry corn flakes??? Haha. Awesome. The empanadas are quite nice. I like ham and cheese the best. It is huge here. I am serving in Constitucion, you can look up Plaza Constitucion to see. It reminds me a lot of Mexico City in a way. The people here are really hard to understand. They all speak a million miles an hour and they sound like they´re singing. Haha. Old people are the hardest because they have scratchy old voices and they don´t annunciate. Haha. So yeah. Anyways I made my first Baptismal commit on my first day yesterday and they accepted!!! Haha. It was awesome. He is a really cool guy so we are going to try our best to make sure he can be baptized. So much Spanish!!! Haha. But yeah. I´m good. It´s pretty shady and we cross lots of streets, but nobody needs to lose any sleep hahaha. It´s awesome. My companion tells me we are in a historically difficult area. The bishop set a goal for 10 baptisms this whole year. We have 7 people with dates right now so we are hoping to at least double the goal. I am so glad he is such a hard worker and he is pushing us. I am trying my best to learn Spanish. :)

So the first day yesterday- Hahaha. First we arrived and were greeted by President and Sister Gulbrandsen!! Yay! I was really happy it was them. They arrived about 6 days ago. Then we ate and had a couple meetings at their house and then we got our companions and rolled out to our areas! I drove past the famous obelisk and in the huge avenue. It was awesome. The people here drive as crazy as in mexico and the buses are pretty crowded. It is awesome. So anyways, we arrive to our apartment and we are standing outside about to go in when my companion realizes he doesn´t have the keys. Hahaha. So we went through this huge ordeal trying to find some and it took hours and anyways... we ended up at the bishop´s house and then we had 3 appointments so we went to those. The first one was difficult because it is a couple that have a child and they live together, but the wife doesn´t want to get married. We didn´t make much progress last night, but we reissued the challenge to pray. Then we went to our next appt just down the hall. He is a man who lives in a small room with 3 other people and there are 2 bunk beds. An old man was sleeping in one of the beds and he refused to even talk to us. It was lame. Haha. But anyways it went really well with him and he had already been to church a while ago. He is trying to prepare for the 31st of July. Then a youngerish woman walked in and at first she wouldn´t listen but then she agreed and we gave her a summary and we all testified and we said how her friend was going to be baptized and so we challenged her to be baptized and she said she would prepare as well. They have a ways to go, but I know the Lord can provide a way. Oh. By the way, she already had gone to church a couple times and spoke with the missionaries 4 years ago. Turns out she is only 16! Crazy. It is really different here. Then we went to another appt with a member, but the mom (who was the one we wanted to talk to) wasn´t home, but we shared a message with her 3 daughters (I guess one is already a member??) I don´t really understand the situation, but we just shared a message about faith. My companion makes me teach large portions of the lessons and I can never understand their responses to my questions. Haha. It is kinda tough that way. Anways it was a good day and we finally got picked up at the bishop´s apartment by the office missionaries and taken to our appartment. And today has been swell as well. We did all of our morning routine and then we had lunch with the Patriarch and his wife in their home where they gave us spaghetti and some dulce de leche stuff or something. It was all really good. So far the food is quite good.

Anyways I think we have to go soon. I just want you all to know that I know this Gospel is true and I´m so excited to keep sharing it with everyone! The Spanish will come. . . :) I love you all! I´ll email next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment