ZACH LOVES MAIL! SEND HIM AN EMAIL! (anyone can)

zachary.trayner@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 6, 2010

¡Un Bautismo màs! - Macario Tapia

Hola!
¿Comò anda? Before I get, I have photos attached from the Baptism that we had this Friday for Macario Tapia (19 from Bolivia, like Flia. Cordova), the friend of Flia. Cordova. Also included- photos of the beloved zone leaders, photos of the single adults in the ward, Elder Fernandez and myself, and an example of some good food here. Haha. This week we had the baptism and it went really well. Other than us forgetting to fill up the pila (font) until just before the meeting was supposed to start, everything went epically well. He is such a good guy. So I just realized that the 12th of this month will mark the 1/6 part of my mission. Que loco. Haha. Time goes by super fast here. I am still struggling to learn Spanish, but it is coming along. This week I am going to be forced to really excercise an effort because Elder Fernandez is going to the 3 day leadership training again and I am going to stay in Constitucion with a new missionary for the day time for all three days....!!!!! Crazy. I don't even understand the people that well! Haha. Oh well... We'll see how it goes. The new missionary only has 3 weeks in the field and he is an American, but who knows, maybe he took spanish before??? Haha. No, it'll be ok though. Interesting, but ok. What else..... This week we have the baptism of Nahuel Aponte, a law student who is 22. He is such a stud and very smart. It is so exciting to see the difference in the barrio here (ward). We've really helped increase the amount of active priesthood members and it really does make a difference... Now if only we could get a ward mission leader..... Haha. It would be so nice. Anyways, we are preparing other families now so they can be baptized at the end of the transfer to celebrate the leaving of Elder Fernandez. We should have a good transfer in the end as far as baptisms.
I don't really know what else to say other than to share my testimony. It has been awesome to see people realize that they need to change and to utilize the atonement of our Savior to do it. I know that if we have desires to change we can do it through Christ. I know that the only way to truly be happy and to have success in life is through Him. I know he suffered for us and that he understands us perfectly. I am so grateful for my family and I want all of you to know that I love you and you're examples and teachings have changed my life and you all are a big reason why I am out serving. Keep strong and never let your faith in Christ fail and you will never fall. I love you all and I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only church with Christ at it's head. I hope everything is going well for all of you and I love hearing from you all. Hasta la proxima semana!




No comments:

Post a Comment