ZACH LOVES MAIL! SEND HIM AN EMAIL! (anyone can)

zachary.trayner@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Baptism of Martin and Alicia Teran!

Dear all,
 
This past Sunday after church we had the baptism of Martin and Alicia Teran!  I have attached a photo of just them and their daughter, as my camera died before we could take more pictures.  Haha.  It was a great service and supposedly we (the missionaries) sang our special number really well and everything seemed to turn out really well and we had decent participation from the ward members as well.  Baptisms are the best.  You can just feel the Spirit so strongly during the ordinance and I love when the converts give their testimonies after (which they did).  It's great to hear how grateful they are for your service as a missionary and also to hear how the Gospel of Jesus Christ has changed their lives.  :)  So yes, it was a great first baptismal service for me as a missionary here in Texas.  I hear that the 2 people I was teaching in Brownsville in preparation for baptism are also doing really well.  The Lord really has blessed me to be able to meet such great and prepared people.
 
Anyways, my comp (Elder Nielson) has already left and I am currently on an exchange with another Elder while I wait for my companion (Elder Fullmer) to come down from Corpus Christi at 6 PM.  It should be interesting seeing if I can get around this area as I've only ever sat in the passenger seat and my comp always knew where he was going.  But it should be a good experience and I'm sure it will help my comp to learn the area quickly as well.  I am hoping that this companion speaks a little more spanish as Elder Nielson really struggled with Spanish, but if not I'm sure he'll progress quickly.
 
I don't have too much else to say!  The work is going great here.  I feel like the members and leaders have a lot of confidence in us as missionaries (at least for my area, and the others are progressing as well), and we are starting to work better together to accomplish the work of the Lord here.  I love being a missionary and being able to help in these small wards.  The people are great, and I think dad was right when he said I probably love the people here as much as I do the people in Argentina.  haha, but don't worry it will all change when I get back there!  Haha.  Anyways, I'm excited to get started with my new comp!  But I'm going to keep praying for my visa to hurry up haha :)  Love you all!  Thanks for your love and support and letters and packages (ok well you could send more packages... haha)  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment